Offering a completely different experience to our famous Ho Chi Minh Motorbike tours, the “Riding with the Nguyens – Hoi An Motorbike Adventure” will allow you to explore the remote areas on Cam Kim Island; one of the few places around Hoi An still untouched by tourists.
Cam Kim Island is separated from Hoi An by the Thu Bon River and it used to require a barge to get from one side to the other. A recently built steel bridge now allows easy access to the island which is famous for its amazing wood carpentry, and various other trades. This tour will not only take you to parts of the countryside that have remained completely unchanged for many generations, we will take you to visit local markets and the homes of the Cam Kim people to learn about their various trades, which includes broom makers, pig traders, snack vendors and pottery makers. The tour will end with a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch in a local home.
So why do we call our Hoi A tours “Riding with the Nguyens” and Dinner with the Nguyens?”
Did you know that 40% of the Vietnamese population in the world, share the last name “Nguyen?” So when you encounter a community of Vietnamese people you will almost certainly meet many Nguyens. “Riding with the Nguyens” is our way of saying that you will be mingling with the local people.
****** Our morning and evening tours have completely different itineraries and dishes, so you can do both tours without repeating anything ******
- This tour is offered on a join in basis, so there may be other guest joining you on the tour. Our maximum group size is 8 people. For guests that do not want to go in a group, we offer a private tour option for an extra charge.
- We offer free pick-up and drop off service within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town. If you are staying at Dien Ban, Ha My beach areas, and Cua Dai beach areas please confirm that you can meet us at Hoi An Theatre located at 548 Hai Ba Trung street, Cam Pho, Hoi An City and we will inform you of the pick-up time once your booking is confirmed. Please keep in mind that we may also have to pick up other guests joining the tour, which could take up to a 30 minutes. Pickup order is determined by how far your accommodation is from the first stop. Thank you for your understanding.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, closed toed shoes as the floors in the market can be wet and sticky.
- We can accommodate the dishes on the tour to vegetarians and most other food restrictions however, we need this information at the time of booking so that we have time to prepare alternative options.
- XO Accident Insurance
- Free pick-up and drop-off from your hotel or private residence within 5km from the Hoi An ancient town only
- Lunch at a local house
- Cold bottled water
- English speaking tour guide, motorbike and fuel
- High quality open-faced helmet
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Pictures from our tour which will be emailed to you later
- Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Price: $55 USD or 1,240,000 VND
- Private Tour: add $20 USD per person; minimum of 2 adults
- Our tours fill up fast, so book early to secure your spots!