Hoi An is frequently accused of being too touristy, with most of Ancient Town being occupied by tailors and souvenir vendors. Many tour operators in Hoi An can also be blamed for this perception by offering itineraries that visit the same attractions and popular food stops. XO Tours’ “Riding with the Nguyens” Hoi An motorbike tour is unique in that we take our guests far away from the touristy central parts of Hoi An and out into the surrounding countryside mostly untouched by tourists, and offering our guests an authentic glimpse into the life of the local people.
On the tour we’ll visit an old brick factory now used as a goat pen, learn how to make brooms from a woman who has practiced the trade for over 30 years, visit a pig market run almost entirely by women, learn how to make a famous Hoi An snack and getting really hands on at the home of pottery makers. This ridiculously fun tour will end with a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch in a local home.
Our Hoi An tours focus on interacting with the locals in their places of work and homes, that’s why we call them “Riding with the Nguyens” and “Dinner with the Nguyens.”
Did you know that 40% of the Vietnamese population in the world, share the last name “Nguyen?” So when you encounter a community of Vietnamese people you will almost certainly meet many Nguyens. “Riding with the Nguyens” is our way of saying that you will be mingling with the local people.
****** Our morning and evening tours have completely different itineraries and dishes, so you can do both tours without repeating anything ******
- This tour is offered on a join in basis, so there may be other guest joining you on the tour. Our maximum group size is 8 people. For guests that do not want to go in a group, we offer a private tour option for an extra charge.
- We offer free pick-up and drop off service within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town. If you are staying at Dien Ban, Ha My beach areas, and Cua Dai beach areas please confirm that you can meet us at Hoi An Theatre located at 548 Hai Ba Trung street, Cam Pho, Hoi An City and we will inform you of the pick-up time once your booking is confirmed.
- We recommend wearing comfortable, closed toed shoes as the floors in the market can be wet and sticky.
- We can accommodate the dishes on the tour to vegetarians and most other food restrictions however, we need this information at the time of booking so that we have time to prepare alternative options.
- XO Accident Insurance
- Free pick-up and drop-off from your hotel or private residence within 5km from the Hoi An ancient town only
- Lunch at a local house
- Cold bottled water
- English speaking tour guide, motorbike and fuel
- High quality open-faced helmet
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Pictures from our tour which will be emailed to you later
- Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Price: $55 USD or 1,259,500 VND
- Private Tour: add $20 USD per person; minimum of 2 adults
- Our tours fill up fast, so book early to secure your spots!