Take a walk on the wild side with XO Tours on our fun and educational “Dinner with the Nguyens” food tour! Unlike other Hoi An walking tours that focus on the crowded and overdeveloped areas Hoi An and Ancient Town, this leisurely paced Hoi An walking food tour explores the island of Cam Kim, which remains virtually unchanged from the past 50 years. Not only will we fill your stomach with delicious local cuisine but also your soul as we introduce you to the beautiful and peaceful residents of Cam Kim as they farm their crops, build boats, raise livestock and prepare food.
Highlights include eating freshly caught seafood at a riverside restaurant, learning how local farmers plant and harvest rice, visiting the home of a lovely couple that have lived in Cam Kim for generations including a short cooking lesson. The tour encore is a final meal on the Thu Bon River at sunset, then a private boat ride back to Ancient Town, where we will stop for some delicious dessert in hopes of leaving you with a full belly and a happy heart! You’ll still have plenty of time after the tour to explore Ancient town just as the evening crowds start to gather.
Our Hoi An tours focus on interacting with the locals in their places of work and homes, that’s why we call them “Dinner with the Nguyens” and “Riding with the Nguyens.”
Did you know that 40% of the Vietnamese population in the world, share the last name “Nguyen?” So when you encounter a community of Vietnamese people you will almost certainly meet many Nguyens. “Dinner with the Nguyens” is our way of saying that you will be eating with the local people.
****** Our morning motorbike tour and evening walking food tour offer completely different itineraries and dishes, so you can do both tours without repeating anything ******
- Please note that this tour is offered on a join in basis, so there may be other guest joining you on the tour. Our maximum group size is 10 people. For guests that do not want to go in a group, we offer a private tour option for an extra charge.
- We offer free pick-up service within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town. If you are staying at Dien Ban, Ha My beach areas, and Cua Dai beach areas please confirm that you can meet us at Hoi An Theatre located at 548 Hai Ba Trung Street, Cam Pho, Hoi An City and we will inform you of the pick-up time once your booking is confirmed. Please keep in mind that we may also have to pick up other guests joining the tour, which could take up to 30 minutes. Pickup order is determined by how far your accommodation is from the first stop. Thank you for your understanding.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes suitable for 3km of walking.
- We can accommodate the dishes on the tour to vegetarians and most other food restrictions however, we need this information at the time of booking so that we have time to prepare alternative options.
- All guests will be dropped off in Ancient Town at the end of the tour.
- Free pick-up at your hotel or private residence within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town only
- Unlimited food, bottled water, local beers or soft drinks
- Private boat trip on Thu Bồn River
- Licensed and professional English speaking tour guide
- Ponchos or umbrellas in case of wet weather
- Pictures from our tour which will be emailed to you later
- Time: 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Price: $48 USD or 1,113,600 VND
- Private Tour: add $10 USD per person; minimum of 2 adults
- Our tours fill up fast, so book early to secure your spots!