As with the morning tour, our evening “Dinner with the Nguyens” food tour will introduce you to many dishes you won’t find in Hoi An Ancient Town, where most tourists spend their days.
The main difference between the morning tour and evening “Dinner with the Nguyens” tour is the tour route. While our morning tour also offers our guests an opportunity to explore areas outside Ancient town, we venture further outside the city on the evening tour, taking you into the Hoi An countryside and rice fields. The walking route will offer you a chance to talk to fisherman, farmers and craftsmen, and watch the local people as they work in their fields and fishing boats.
You’ll learn about rice farming techniques, how people harvest crops, and how the locals raise livestock. What we love best about this tour, is that we always meet new people on the walk and see how excited they are to share their life experiences with travelers!
Let’s not forget that this is also a food tour, so you will be provided with a variety of local delicacies from fried soft shell crab, to wrap and roll BBQ pork, not to mention other favorites like grilled beef wrapped in betal leaves.
The tour encore is dinner on the Thu Bon River, then a private boat ride back to Ancient Town, where we will stop for some delicious dessert in hopes of leaving you with a full belly and a happy heart.
So why do we call our food tours “Dinner with the Nguyens?”
Did you know that 40% of the Vietnamese population in the world, share the last name “Nguyen?” So when you encounter a community of Vietnamese people you will almost certainly meet many Nguyens. “Dinner with the Nguyens” is our way of saying that you will be eating with the local people.
****** Our morning and evening Eating with the Nguyens tours have completely different itineraries and dishes, so you can do both tours without repeating anything ******
- Please note that this tour is offered on a join in basis, so there may be other guest joining you on the tour. Our maximum group size is 10 people. For guests that do not want to go in a group, we offer a private tour option for an extra charge.
- We offer free pick-up service within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town. If you are staying at Dien Ban, Ha My beach areas, and Cua Dai beach areas please confirm that you can meet us at Hoi An Theatre located at 548 Hai Ba Trung Street, Cam Pho, Hoi An City and we will inform you of the pick-up time once your booking is confirmed. Please keep in mind that we may also have to pick up other guests joining the tour, which could take up to 30 minutes. Pickup order is determined by how far your accommodation is from the first stop. Thank you for your understanding.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes suitable for 3km of walking.
- We can accommodate the dishes on the tour to vegetarians and most other food restrictions however, we need this information at the time of booking so that we have time to prepare alternative options.
- All guests will be dropped off in Ancient Town.
- Free pick-up at your hotel or private residence within 5km from Hoi An Ancient Town only
- Unlimited food, bottled water, local beers or soft drinks
- Private boat trip on Thu Bồn River
- Licensed and professional English speaking tour guide
- Ponchos or umbrellas in case of wet weather
- Pictures from our tour which will be emailed to you later
- Time: 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Price: $48 USD or 1,080,000 VND
- Private Tour: add $10 USD per person; minimum of 2 adults
- Our tours fill up fast, so book early to secure your spots!